* Duolingo *
This is the free science-based language education platform with 300M+ users. As it is hard to stay motivated when learning online, Duolingo puts an emphasis on “Gamification”, with the goal to make language learning as entertaining as playing a game.
● Apps are available for Android, iOS, Windows Phones and web browsers
● offers 84 language courses for 30+ distinct languages
● is the most downloaded app in the “Education” category on Android and iOS worldwide
● offers “bite-sized” lessons that can be taken on-the-go within five minutes
● lessons include reading, writing, listening and speaking exercises
● is built to give the impression of a game where users can compete with friends, level up, and get virtual gratifications for learning successfully
● is completely free of charge without any premium content that needs to be paid for.
Duolingo is listed:
● on TIME Magazine’s 2018 Genius Companies list
● on CNBC’s Disruptor 50 list in 2018
● as one of the world’s top 50 “Most Innovative Companies” by Fast Company in 2018
More information is available here.